Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday October 25, 2009

I have to say today was a pretty productive day. I managed to get schoolwork done and a little bit of organizing and purging. We got our new flat screen via Fed Ex today - the one that came with our furniture deal we got.

If I were a T.V. person I would be in hog heaven. It looks much more impressive than it did in the furniture store on display. I can't wait to have family movie night now.

Our home is different than any other home we have ever lived in...we plan on staying here for a while so we are making it as comfy as possible. We have a list and we are checking it off. Actually, furniture wasn't at the top of the list, but we got a good deal so we hopped on it while we could.

We are cash basis folks. If the cash is not in the bank to pay for it, then we don't buy it. Houses and cars are the only things that get special financial treatment. As much as I would LOVE a brand new car, I will drive "Betsy", my 1994 Subaru until her or I croak.

Tomorrow we will have a water softener installed. There is a 90% chance of rain. I don't know how it always happens that when I will be having service people in my home it storms. I always have to be the uptight homeowner being anal about shoes and wiping feet, not the cute little homeowner offering tea and snacks.

Although I hated to spend the money on it, the water softener was a necessary evil. If I want my appliances and plumbing system to survive that is. The water in central Texas SUCKS, especially in Manor because we have well water. It's full of lime and hard as hell. It also leaves crusted up calcium deposits in my appliances and toilet bowls. I have had to chisel deposits out of my toilet bowls and my home is only a couple of years old. None of the commercial products budge it. You don't dare drink the stuff...

Well, I guess that's all the boring details I can give for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment