Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Eve 2009

Our weekly playdate got cancelled today, and as we all know plans change sometimes. Kids get sick, weather turns bad, or the car breaks down. Never fear though, I managed to quickly rummage up something else to do.

My original thought was that I would just continue on with a regular scheduled school day. Somehow the thoughts of a school day was not appealing to me and I knew it would not be appealing to Summer either, the day was going to be too beautiful to be couped up inside.

I decided since Toby had to go to work later on in the afternoon anyway, we would utilize our local park. The park is beautiful and I wonder why we don't go there more often. I guess there are just too many more places in the area to explore.

Toby decided to take his disc golf stuff. They have a wonderful disc golf course there. I never realized until today that it is also a perfect place to do some nature hiking. They have paved walking trails around all the park, but I prefer walking in the woods when at all possible.

The temps were perfect! No sweating today. We took Brandi with us again. It was entertaining to Summer and I to watch her try and cross the creek at the points where there wasn't a bridge available. She is so dainty and does not like getting her feet wet.

I don't know what the meaning behind a dog rolling in something, but here she is doing the dog thing:



A simple life long ago. When I come upon places like this I always try and imagine who lived there, and what they did:






Climbing the hill for a shortcut to the car:



Good throw Summer!



The butterflies, moths, and caterpillars have been out full force lately:



Watch out Summer!







My rock lovin' daughter was in hog heaven when we came across this pile of rocks:



Which way now dad?



On second thought I guess we did get some school in today - reading, science, and P.E.

The park also has a few stocked fishing ponds. Maybe next time we go there we will be equipped with fishing poles and licenses. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures...especially of the old house. I too try to envision the life that once called it home...a simpler life, probably full of joy.

    Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete