Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mobile, Alabama 2009 Vacation Highlights - Day Three

After almost a month of vacationing in Mobile it was time for my brother and his family to leave for their home in Vietnam. Since they had plenty of packing to do we took the girls to the Exploreum. The Exploreum is another Mobile favorite of mine.

Some pics....






After we visited the Exploreum we decided to see if we could get us some of those good 'ole boiled peanuts from the A&M Peanut Shop.



I had to have Megan back at my dads by 2:00p.m. When we got back there was a little surprise waiting for me. It was my 45th birthday and my family had a cake and ice cream. I have to say it was a very nice surprise. I can't even remember the last time I had a birthday cake on my birthday....unless it was made or bought myself that is.




The cake and ice cream hit the spot. After my "party" my brother left for the airport while Toby and I packed our stuff up and headed over to Toby's brother, Charlie to spend some time with him and spend the night.

We also got a little surprise at his house. Toby's sister that lives in Dothan, Al who we never get to see, and who I have only met one time, was traveling through Mobile and stopped in to see us. I wish we had had more time to spend with them but we all had to get to bed for a very early morning flight out of Mobile.

We enjoyed our flight back into Austin as much, if not more, than we did coming into Mobile. We were a little more at ease about what to expect. It's amazing how quick a plane trip is compared to driving. We made it home in 2 hours! I am sold on flying from this day on....but it ain't cheap!

When we picked Brandi up at the boarder she was SO happy to see us....as much as we were to see her. She cried and whimpered for an hour after we got her. We were all happy to be reunited once again. :-)

3 comments:

  1. aw, poor Brandi! I'm a sucker for the critters! So glad she is back where she is happy! I remembered your b'day! I told you Happy B'day on Facebook. Hope you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Thank you for sharing your special day with us. I'm glad you got to spend it with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Mine is the day after yours! Glad you had such a lovely trip. Iknow you are happy to be home, though........no place like home.

    ReplyDelete