Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mobile, Alabama 2009 Vacation Highlights - Day Two

After a full night of rest I was looking forward to our family get together at Chickasobogue Park. This is one of my favorite places in Mobile. I can remember swimming in parts of the creek when I was a kid. We also spent a lot of time here when Lucas was growing up....mostly in the boat.

The temps in Mobile were in the 80's so it was a cooler than I like it to be for swimming in cold creek water. Even the girls were hanging out mostly in the sand. They eventually crept on into the water.

Here are some pics from our picnic in the park....

Summer, Elenora, Taylor - Elenora's friend, and Megan creeping into the chilly water.



Toby tasting his first grilled oyster. I can't say that I was brave enough to do the same.



My poor brother shucking those huge oysters. It seemed to be a strenuous task that only he and Diep were determined enough to do.







Here comes lunch! Buddy and Diep mastered this whole picnic. If it weren't for them I'm sure it wouldn't have turned out as well as it did. They are our family's master planners and the are darned good at it.








My dad and and his wife, Doris. Granny Doris as I call her.



My youngest brother David and his wife Simona.



Megan and Summer.



It was another great day in Mobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment