Thursday, February 7, 2013

Like Diamonds In The Sky

Today's weather was predicted to be perfect...sunny and 83 degrees!! I am determined that I'm not going to let the gorgeous weather go to waste this year so our destination for the day was Northeast Metropolitan Park.

First we did a little hiking along the trail.....




Bo cooling off and getting a drink in the creek



Summer (and Toby) utilizing the skate park....





Checking out the water park area.....






"Cujo" the "pit bull"
After a long day of playing in the park in the heat of the sun everybody was ready to get back to the car so we took the shortcut back to the car. At that point, Summer was tired of riding her scooter, so I offered to ride it back for her. Secretly I just wanted to ride her scooter!!

I rode it ahead of them all the way back to the car. Boy, that thing is a thigh workout!!! I was having a blast!

Once I got to the car I drove around to pick them up. Summer has been begging to drive the car for the past couple of months so I figured since we were in an open, desolate area I would give her her wish. 

I have to admit I was a little nervous about giving her the wheel but she did a great job...no sudden stops or slamming on the brakes. I think it was the highlight of her day because that's all she talked about the rest of the day.

After a day outdoors with plenty of activity I was still energized into the evening. I suggested Toby take me for an evening ride on his motorcycle. So much fun!!!

I forget sometimes what its like to be carefree and to live in the moment. This was definitely a carefree and living in the moment kind of day. These are the kind of days I intend to strive for everyday for the rest of my days in this realm of existence.

As simple as this day was, I felt ALIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment