Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rattlesnake Roundup

Yes, luck was on my side today. By the time I woke up this morning the predicted rain had already came and went.

My goal for the day was the rattlesnakes. We took care of a couple of small errands along the way to the Capitol. Once we got inside the Capitol after stripping off everything but our clothing we went in search of the snake presentation.

Whew! We made it there in the nick of time. They were in the process of ending their show for the day. Luckily all the school groups were cleared out so we got to talk to one of the handlers uninterrupted and pet the snake without the aggravation of a large crowd....




Afterward we walked around the Capitol a bit....


 
Toby and Summer racing to the Capitol Visitor Center



We had a good time in the Capitol Visitor's Center. We have been there many times so Toby spent his time doing his antics to entertain us...well, mostly me because Summer does not find them as amusing as I do...





 

Watching a Red Tailed Hawk that was perched on top of the star on the very top of the Capitol Building.
I believe we all enjoyed our day at the State Capitol.


No comments:

Post a Comment