Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Day in Georgetown, Texas

Our destination today is Georgetown, Texas, a small city about 20 miles north of Austin. Georgetown reminded us a lot of Fairhope, Alabama. I would describe downtown Georgetown as unique and charming.

Click on the pic below and notice the architecture of the building in the backround...




There was a quaint little used book store that I would have loved to spend the afternoon in...




This artsy craft shop had some yummy looking chocolate treats. We were all lusting after it until Toby pointed out the price tag..




The museum was pretty interesting too. I learned a few facts that I didn't know....




Toby is always entertaining on our day trips...I'm still not sure if he does his antics for his or our entertainment...



After we took our short tour of downtown, we headed to find a swimming hole called Blue Hole. It was very hot and we had come prepared to swim if opportunities arose.

Here we are at the Blue Hole. I don't know why it was named the Blue Hole. There was nothing blue about it. Although very pretty to look at, there was nothing about it that shouted.."Jump on in!"....




Even though it was hot as blazes out there, we all couldn't resist trying to skip the plentiful amount of rocks into the water. I think Toby won the contest by skipping his rocks up to 10 times.....



Our day was long. Stay tuned for the last half of our day.

1 comment:

  1. I got quite a chuckle out of Toby sitting on that saddle and waving... :-)

    ReplyDelete