Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our Daily Life - The Past Week

I can't really say much of anything about the past week that doesn't involve the words nurse or maid....or better yet, nurse maid. Summer spent the most part of the week in a fever haze....ya know like the one in the song by Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb" ? His hands felt like two balloons? I can't tell you how many times in my childhood that my hands felt like two balloons.

Even though not the best circumstances, I tried to make the best of the week. I caught up on some chores, read some magazines that had been hanging around for awhile and spent some unstructured time with my daughter hanging out in my bed looking at magazines together and watching T.V.

After a few days she was feeling much better and back to her old self. We had planned on meeting up with some of Toby's friends at Paleface (Pace Bend Park). We were all looking forward to getting out of the house after being couped up all week.

Unfortunately the weather had different plans and it rained ALL day Saturday. Part of me didn't really mind the rain it's been so long since we have seen it. Around here when folks see rain it's a celebration. Always a welcomed change from the hot dry Texas heat.

One of my favorite parts about a storm is the way the sky looks after it moves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment