Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Luminary Love

This weeks "Field Trip" was to the Architects of Air: Exxopolis Luminarium on the grounds of the Long Center downtown Austin.

I saw this advertised last year and wanted to go, but we never made it. When I saw it posted on 365 Things To Do In Austin again this year I made a point that we go. I'm glad we did. It was worth the $10 a head to get in...that is if you like the feeling of being on LSD. Just kidding, but it did have a rather dream-like, ambient feel to it. If you like that sort of thing I recommend not missing out on this very unusual artistic display of light and colors...



This is one of those times that I absolutely know a camera can't capture what it really felt and looked liked inside this bubble of color....






Here's a couple more miscellaneous pics from our day...





We all enjoyed ourselves. On the way I asked Summer on a scale of 1-10 what she would rate our experience. She rated it a 9, and for a tween I would say that's a pretty good rating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment