Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yellow

I slept in until 9:00am again this morning. I think I have set myself a record lately. Where my eyes usually pop open at 7:00am every morning in the past, I stay dead to the world until I'm awakened by Bo's soft whimper to let me know I have overslept and it's 2 hours past his breakfast.

I thought about and I think the problem is this dang weather and those dark solar screens we installed on our windows this last summer. We've had this dreary, sunless weather lately coupled with the already room darkening screens. I rely on the sun shining through the window to awaken me but...there has been no morning sun to do me that favor. O'well, I guess I can use those extra couple of hours of sleep.

It was 34 degrees when I took Bo for a run this morning, but not before searching down some gloves I knew Summer had hidden in her room somewhere. The gloves really helped and despite being frozen solid initially I had a great run once I warmed up. I've learned I just have to suck it up in the cold because no matter what way I look at it, it's still much better than running in the heat.

Toby was craving Chinese today so we ate at the Chinese Buffet for lunch. My first husband loved Chinese but I always hated it and would only eat the rice if I were forced to eat it. Now, I have grown to tolerate it and find some dishes rather yummy....but I still could live without it if I had to.

Next stop was Academy. I finally got me a much needed new pair of running shoes. Running shoes are like jeans to me, too many different styles and brands throws me into a tailspin. I finally made a choice and picked out another pair of New Balance almost exactly like my old ones. I'm so unadventurous when it comes to style.

I spent the evening piecing together a new quilt while sipping me some JD and coke to keep me warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment