Sunday, January 6, 2013

Party Train

This morning I slept in until 9:30. That's late for me and almost unheard of. The cold weather is making me feel a bit like hibernating so I guess I was hibernating. I did feel extra refreshed when I got up and was pleased to see the sun was shining and the sky was blue.

After a couple of months hiatus from my ab exercises I decided to get back to work with them again this morning. I could feel my core beginning to get weak without them and the last thing I want to be is fragile if it can be prevented. I also have incorporated my push ups back into my regime. Before you know it it will be spring and I certainly don't want my "bat wings"  flapping around during tank top season.

Toby rode his bike alongside me and Bo while we did our morning run.  I like it when Toby goes with us. It makes me feel a little more secure when stray dogs come at us. Without him I am on constant alert for strays that like to pick fights with Bo.

With me getting up so late by the time we got back it was lunch time. Yesterday I put  Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita in the crock pot so it would be ready for lunch today. It passed the test and will be added to our favorites. Summer didn't even turn her nose up at it.

Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita
I know I have been trying to reduce the amount of meat we eat and lately it seems like we have been eating more than our share. So many good recipes that include meat though and I guess....old habits die hard.

After Toby left to work I got to work vacuuming, mopping, and it was even warm enough that I was able to go outside and prune some of my bushes and give the yard a little TLC. It felt good to be outside. I figured I better enjoy it while I could because it looks like more rain and cold coming soon..

The rest of the afternoon I spent loafing around on the sofa scouring  Pinterest. Yep, that's what I did for the next couple of hours. No shame here.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering about the weird post titles I have going on lately here's the deal; I have a hard time figuring out titles for day to day posts when they have no specific topic.  I always have Pandora playing when I'm on my computer so I just title my post whatever the name of the song is that's playing when I start my post. I know it's not very creative but it saves me time in figuring out a title for my post.



No comments:

Post a Comment