Friday, January 18, 2013

Thrill of the Hunt

Today was girls day out at the Blue Hanger with Robin. I didn't find much, but then again I wasn't looking for much. Blue Hanger is mostly the thrill of the hunt and hanging out with my friend anyway. The stuff  I find is just a bonus.

Lately, I am finding the most pleasure in the most mundane activities. A stolen moment of privacy or intimacy with hubby, chatting with Robin about girl stuff over lunch, browsing through the Ripley's Believe it or Not book at night with Summer before bed, hanging out with Lucas and his woman friend during the holidays was awesome, smelling the fruit in the produce section of HEB, chatting with neighbors, letting Bo sneak up onto the sofa beside me while I inhale the smell of his ears, feel the warmth of his bulky body, and press my cheeks against his whiskers, I even found pleasure in picking up dog poop this afternoon. The warmth of the sun shining down on my back and the sounds of the turkey vultures in the distance overshadowed the smell of dog poop.

I'm learning WHAT WE THINK AND FOCUS ON, WE BECOME.






1 comment:

  1. I like the mundane things too, especially watering the garden, sometimes even ironing!!!

    ReplyDelete