Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pfluger Park

We usually only do one play date a week, but who can resist the beautiful warm weather we have been having??

As I have said before, Austin metro is chock full of parks. It would be a sin not to visit them all. I think I will put that on my list of things to do before I die.

Today it was the Pfluger Park. Yeah, try and pronounce that one! Pflugerville is another city just on the outskirts of Austin. Everything in Pflugerville is pronounced with the Pf prefix. Here is an example...check out the sign in this pic. You may have to click on the pic to see it:



I have to say that this park is going to be on my list of favorite parks. Although we didn't really have enough time to check out the whole park, I know this park is a "keeper". There are plenty of shade trees, walking trails, and a cool creek that runs through the whole park.

It also has the same adult exercise equipment the park in Manor has. I guess it's the Park's Departments way of giving the adults incentive to exercise while the kids are playing. Since my gut is my biggest issue, I gave the ab exerciser a try. I guess there is a reason I have a gut..Angela informed me that I was using the ab equipment upside down. :-)



Here are a couple more peeks into our afternoon..


1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a park!

    I can't believe the parental exercise equipment! How cool and nifty is that? I think I need to start petitioning our local parks department!

    ReplyDelete