Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday April 1, 2009

We had such a mundane day that I really don't even feel like wasting your time on a blog entry for today, but out of commitment to myself to write daily, here goes...

Today was our weekly play date with our favorite friends. As it happened Angela's sis was coming into to town today, plus it was a little cooler outside than what I wanted get out in.

Oh yeah, here is some news....Angela made the girls a homeschool yearbook of all of their activities together for the past year. It was so cool. It brought tears to my eyes as I reminisced on all the memories of the past year of play dates with our first homeschool friends in Texas. Oh, and just to see how much kids grow in just one year!

Besides, Summer and I are becoming such a homebodies these days that it's a real struggle to to get out and about. Thanks to H-E-B I am even enjoying going to the grocery store and cooking. I really just love, love, love my home and where I live. It's just so comfy here.

So anyway, after Summer did her schoolwork we took off for Walmart so she could spend her gift card that her favorite Uncle gave her for her birthday. She knew exactly what she was shopping for. She wanted a new scooter. The one she had was pretty old...plus it was only a replacement one for the one she "lost" a couple of years ago in a park in Mobile...(another story)

The scooter she bought with her gift card was a little fancier than the ones she had previously. To my dismay, when she opened it up when we got home I discovered that it had to be assembled...YUCK. I can barely figure out how to get around on the Internet, much less do tool work.

I am proud to say that Summer and I worked together as a team and figured the whole thing out by ourselves..tools, instructions and all. :-)

I thought it was pretty funny after we finished the assembly project she said..."I don't understand why women can't walk around without their shirts on or couldn't vote in the old days, we can do just as much as men can do." How funny.. I really didn't understand the link between manipulating tools and toplessness but I guess she found a correlation somewhere. Thank goodness for the 70's liberation of women huh??


So after the scooter was assembled Summer took off outside to ride it. My neighbor K.K. walked down to chat so I had to go outside and chat with her. I can't just stand there listening to her crazy stuff without keeping myself busy so I grabbed my manual edger and edged my yard and pulled some weeds while listening to the buzz of K.K.

That was the extent of our day. See ya tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the book! Jealous too!

    Ya, know momma...that would have been a perfect time to strip off those shirts and sat around bare chested while working...just for the heck of it :~) I don't blame her abit...Kait STILL strips off her shirt in the privacy of our backyard (gasp...please don't tell my neighbor!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny about the shirt! :)


    and wow! i LOVE the yearbook!!!
    i can see why there were tears! i HAVE to do this! No more excuses!

    ReplyDelete