Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday April 2, 2009

I have even less to say today than I did in yesterday's post about my day. I'm sure as I write things will pop into my head and spill out like diarrhea of the mind.

The whole day was spent schooling. Actually, part of it was spent with me trying to figure out electronics. I got Summer a Leapster Didj for Christmas and as with any electronic toy I have to read the whole manual to figure out how to get the thing to work to my advantage.

I got it so that it would serve the purpose of being a teaching tool for me and a hand held video game for her. The way the thing is designed I am able to customize it with my own spelling words and math computations. It has it's own that came with it, but I wanted to personalize it so that I could "kill two birds with one stone".

Well after a few hours I finally got an understanding of how it works. Checked off one less thing on my to do list.

Looking back on my day it was really productive. The weather for the past couple of days has been in the low 70's which is too cool for me, especially with the winds whipping around, so I didn't feel too bad about being couped up in the house all day.

Summer and I did get out to walk down the street to check the mail....brrrr. The weather wasn't bothering Summer at all....maybe it was just me and my cold naturedness.

The other day when we were at the grocery store Summer spotted the snap beans. I thought about the word "snap" beans and wondered if that was what they are really called or if that's the word that our grandma's called them. Maybe it is just a slang term for green beans 'cause you do have to snap the ends of of them.....

I love fresh veggies so we grabbed a couple of pounds along with some red potatoes, mmm.....good ole' southern food.

This afternoon Summer and I sat around in front of the T.V. watching Oprah while we snapped the beans. It was really fun. I thought Summer would bore of it, but she was having a blast. She eventually told me to stop so she could snap the remaining beans.

Not much the rest of the evening but Summer playing outside while Toby and I chatted with our neighbors.

Toby will be off tomorrow so our plan is to go visit a cave. We have two options and I am having trouble choosing one. If I had enough time I would have set up a poll to get some input. One of our options is the Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown which is just a little north of us. The only thing about this place is that it is cave and cave only..no other attractions except for the panning for gems and minerals.

The other option is WonderWorld which is in San Marcos and a little more of a drive from where we are, but it also seems to have a little more activites..i.e. a wildlife park, an observation tower, and a train.

They both are around the same price so that doesn't help sway me any. I have only until tomorrow morning to make this very hard decision. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment