Friday, June 19, 2009

A Big Hit

I'm not one of those blogs you will usually find meal ideas or recipes, but I couldn't pass posting this one.

My daughter, as most kids are, is a somewhat picky eater. Lately, I have been trying to find ways to sneak healthy food into her diet.

My friend Angela pointed out that she loves Jamba Juice. Of course, taking her to Jamba Juice daily is not an option. Hmmmm.....I thought if I could re-create Jamba Juice I could get her to drink it daily therefore supplementing her diet with some fruits.

I have never had good luck with recreating a drink or food that I have eaten in a restaurant. I decided to make an attempt once again. The last time we made a visit to Jamba Juice I spyed the ingredients in her favorite Jamba Juice drink....

Bananas
Strawberries
Yogurt
Soy Milk

Sounded simple enough to me. I gathered my ingredients on my next grocery store trip....

Bananas
Store brand frozen strawberries
Dannon Fat Free Plain Yogurt
Store brand Vanilla flavored Soy Milk

Here is my process for making the drink itself...

Cut up one small banana into blender.
Add 1 cup soy milk.
Add very large spoonful of yogurt.
Add about 4 or 5 frozen strawberries.

Blend for about a minute or so.

Believe it or not, it taste just like the one I pay $5 for in Jamba Juice. Summer requests a homemade "Jamba Juice" daily.

I'm sure like everything else, she will bore of it and move on to her next treat addiction, but for now it works.

2 comments:

  1. Yay. I know what it's like trying to get something nutritious into these kids!! We have made smoothies similar to that. Haven't in quite a while though. Thanks for the reminder. Benjamin would turn up his nose, but Molly would still like them I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds truly yummy. Thanks for passing this along. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Glad Summer is no longer sick and you are no longer suffering from lack of A/C. Take care!

    ReplyDelete