Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday June 30, 2009

Even though it was our "off day" I let Toby sleep in a little. He has been working hard at the new location and I knew he needed to rejuvenate. By the way, his new location is working out great so far. He is what you would call "Rollin' in the Doh". Sounds great on paper, but you have to remember in the tattoo business it can change from day to day, week to week, and month to month. I never really get too excited about the large paychecks. I just am grateful that in the end they pay the bills and keeps us a small savings alive.

Right now we are just enjoying it for what it is...GREAT MONEY. He has also been lucky enough to get 3 days off in a row which is unusual in his line of work. So he is off on Tues. Wed. and Thurs.

When we finally got around to getting out of the house it was almost noon. I took Brandi out to tinkle before we were leaving out. As I was waiting on her to do her business I heard the loud roaring of a helicopter engine. I thought for a moment is was about to crash it was so low.

As I watched it lowered itself skimming the top of the greenbelt behind our house. It slowly hovered all around above the greenbelt. Soon everybody was running out of their houses to see what in the heck the loud engine noise was.

It was really quite a helicopter show. They were obviously looking for something or someone. I can guarantee you if whoever they were looking for was in those tall grasses of the greenbelt they probably came out rattlesnake bit.

Anyway, we never did find out what or who they were looking for. They obviously didn't find whatever it was. After about 30 minutes Star Flight flew on off back to their command.

Here are some pretty good pics and a small video I got of their search....


No comments:

Post a Comment