Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today....June 14, 2009

On the way home from Lockhart yesterday Summer spotted the Austin Country Flea Market. She decided that today she wanted to go to the flea market. I don't know what was in her mind. She usually always has a motive for wanting to visit a particular "store".

Initially I thought the idea of going to the flea market was an o.k idea. It's not far from the house and I figured it would be a quick little break from our school day. Quite honestly, as much of a thrift store person I am I really don't like flea markets. I never find anything that appeals to me but the fresh fruits and veggies.

Anyway, we have only visited the flea market in Austin one time since we have been here. It is a much more "interesting" one than the one in Mobile. That said, I still don't care for the one here either. If nothing else, I would consider it a very cultural experience.

Summer seemed to be having much more fun than I was. I was being a good sport for her sake. The place was packed full of wall to wall folks and it was blazing hot. At least we were not walking around in the direct sunlight. I was still weak with heat and was praying that my daughter would get her fill of the place before I passed out from a heat stroke.

Finally after she had made us walk EVERY row of this large flea market she was ready to go. I suggested we go to the McDonald's nearby so that we could get a bite to eat and a ice cream treat.

In the short ride to McDonald's I still had not cooled down from my torturous flea market trip. When we got in there it felt as though they were having a/c issues too.
We sat in McDonald's and ate our lunch while I poured sweat.

I have endured more heat in the past couple of weeks than I care to experience. Not much can be said for the rest of the day. I was just glad to get home and bask in my a/c.

No comments:

Post a Comment